Recovering Function Building Hope
Exploring BPD & Complex Trauma
3.5 hours – $176 (inclusive of GST)
This practical course delivered in 2 pre recorded lessons, focuses in on building understanding and practical skills when working with people experiencing BPD and Complex Trauma. It is designed to support a more meaningful, boundaried and effective working relationship with the client. This includes situations of challenging engagement, problematic behaviours and risk of harm concerns.
Case examples and anecdotes are used to help demystify the relationship between trauma, attachment dysfunction and risk taking behaviour. Additionally, we explore important contexts regarding interpersonal challenges that will not only improve your understanding but also enable effective interventions.
You will learn:
- Key features of BPD and Complex Trauma
- Skills and strategies that support effective boundaries and respectful relationships
- The Deliberate Self Harm cycle and how to use this as an effective tool with the client in the face of self harm concerns
- The role of Trauma Informed Care & Practice in supportive effective systems work
- How to navigate traps and pitfalls regarding risk concerns, impulsive behaviours and relationship challenges
- CHIME – as ‘guiderails’ for true recovery orientated work
- Effective crisis management strategies