Recovering Function Building Hope
Exploring BPD & Complex Trauma
7 hours (3.5 hours pre-recorded + 3.5 hours live webinar) – $260 per person
This practical course focuses in on the key presenting features of BPD and Complex Trauma and effective ways to work with the client in a trauma informed and Recovery orientated context. It is designed to support more meaningful, boundaried and effective working relationships between the client, their workers and the care team.
Case examples and anecdotes are used to help demystify the relationship between trauma, attachment dysfunction and risk taking behaviour. Additionally, we explore important contexts regarding interpersonal challenges that will not only improve your understanding but also enable effective interventions.
You will learn:
- Key features of BPD and Complex Trauma
- Skills and strategies that support effective boundaries and respectful relationships
- The Deliberate Self Harm cycle and how to use this to understand and respond to deliberate self harm
- The role of Trauma Informed Care & Practice in supportive effective systems work
- How to navigate traps and pitfalls regarding risk concerns, impulsive behaviours and relationship challenges
- CHIME – as ‘guiderails’ for true recovery orientated work
- Effective crisis management strategies